- No products in the cart.
I edit fiction and nonfiction. Projects are on time and within budget. Need a writing coach? Contact me about your project. Let’s get started.
My background consists of 34 years as a technical writer and editor. That experience paved the way for my novels, screenplays and nonfiction books and products.
The majority of my books and screenplays (two optioned) are award-winners. Yours can be also. I’ll help you get your project into great shape prior to publishing.
If your book has been published, but with bad reviews due to poor editing or formatting, I can solve that problem and you will be able to upload a new text file.
Once your book is in great shape, you can enter it into competitions and get some heat going.
Contact me . Let’s talk.
Crime & Mystery
Humor & Comedy
Self Help & Self Improvement
Everything in between
UCLA Professional Program in Screenwriting
• ELit Award – What’s Breaking Your Budget
• Finalist: 13Horror.com script competition
• Readers’ Favorite Finalist – Hot Chocolate
• Winner – New England Book Festival – Mastering Your Money
• Finalist: IPPY Awards – The Puppy Baby Book
• AudioFile Earphones Award – narrator Kelley Hazen – Hot Chocolate & Bitter Chocolate
• Awarded Kids First! Endorsement ~ Coalition for Quality Children’s Media
• Moondance International Film Festival ~ Feature Screenplays for Kids Spirit award
• Talentville Battle of the Loglines – Winner – Plan B
• Table Read My Screenplay – Finalist – Plan B
• Winner – Women in Film/TV (Houston) Reel Dialogues Screenwriting Competition
Edit fiction and nonfiction projects. Editing begins with the first page of the frontmatter and continues through to the end of the book contents and backmatter.
I use Track Changes in MS Word, or will use Comments, strikethrough, highlights in a PDF. A word document will be easier for the writer to make changes.
If you don’t have a table of contents, I will create one. Editing also addresses formatting problems.
Consult with writer via telephone, Skype, FaceTime after editing is complete.
Contact me if you require formatting. I will provide you with a quote.
* Manage book projects from conception to completion
* Meet with writer to determine number of illustrations
* Determine publication date
* Develop schedule
* Develop front/back cover blurbs & book jacket blurbs
* Seek blurbs by experts/professionals
* View samples & get bids for editing, cover design and/or interior art, layout, printing
* Supervise writers, artists, print manager to keep everyone on schedule
* Resolve problems & conflict that arises through the duration of the project
* Assign ISBN number
* Order barcode graphic
* Handoff project to editor, artist, etc.
* Coordinate meetings for art approval
* Markup galleys
* Pass galleys to a writer, editor, artist
* Markup cover art from printer
* Get approval for cover art
* Coordinate delivery of books
* Full life cycle financial management.