- No products in the cart.
It’s all about the storage of kibble. Who knew that if you kept that kibble in the bag it came home in, you would be contributing to mite and mold problems?
Some of the problem is the bag itself. Those paper-type kibble bags do nothing to protect the food from humidity, heat, bug or rodent infestations. That’s where mold and mites come into play. The bags can’t be properly sealed once they are opened. Even using a big clip or a clothespin doesn’t keep out the bugs. Mites are microscopic. They can get into a rolled-down, clipped bag.
Here’s Mr. Ugly Mite. Once he is in the food, he’s going to be eaten by your puppy. Mites are invisible unless you happen to have a microscope on hand to check the food and see if he is waving up at you.
To combat mites and mold, store the food in a glass, metal or plastic container with a secure lid. Throw the bag away. Do not stock up on food and store the bags in the garage, or anywhere the bags will be exposed to heat and humidity. That is an open invitation to the bug and rodent community. They want to be invited to that party! Free food for the asking.
And you already know how dangerous mold can be. When mold is in food and eaten, it can cause gastrointestinal problems which can Cause liver damage and other problems.
The following information is from an article I found on http://www.pvs-ec.com/.
Although it is virtually impossible to totally eliminate storage mites from the environment, steps can be taken to inhibit their multiplication and thereby minimize exposure to storage mite allergens.
Get an autographed copy of The Puppy Baby Book for your little bundle of joy!